THE ORCHARD PLAYERS ANTI-BULLYING POLICY
- The Orchard Players group will not tolerate bullying and has adopted the following anti-bullying policy.
- The committee recognises the very serious nature of bullying and the negative impact that it can have on the lives of members and is therefore fully committed to the following key principles of best practice in preventing and tackling bullying behaviour:
- A positive culture and climate which-
- is welcoming of difference and diversity and is based on inclusivity;
- encourages people to disclose and discuss incidents of bullying behaviour in a non-threatening environment; and
- promotes respectful relationships within the group;
- A shared understanding of what bullying is and its impact;
- Anyone exhibiting any behaviour that has a negative impact on another or other members of the group will be asked to leave the group.
- On-going evaluation of the effectiveness of the anti-bullying policy.
- Bullying is defined as follows:
Bullying is unwanted negative behaviour, verbal, psychological or physical conducted, by an individual or group against another person (or persons) and which is repeated over time.
Isolated or once-off incidents of intentional negative behaviour, including a once-off offensive or hurtful text message or other private messaging, do not fall within the definition of bullying and should be dealt with as appropriate.
However, in the context of this policy, placing a once-off offensive or hurtful public message, image or statement on a social network site or other public forum where that message, image or statement can be viewed and/or repeated by other people will be regarded as bullying behaviour.
Negative behaviour that does not meet this definition of bullying will be dealt with as appropriate which may include exclusion from the group.
- This policy was adopted by the group on ________________ [date].
- This policy and its implementation will be reviewed by the group annually
Date of next review: _______________